Yesterday’s Super Bowl (read: Puppy Bowl and Beyonce Bowl) was the perfect excuse to make some tasty snacks. We had planned to have a Super Bowl party, but had to cancel since we’re getting over the flu. I made a small spread and we watched from the comfort of our couch.
One of the must-haves was a cheese plate. A good cheese plate is one of my entertaining staples, not only because it’s one of my favorite snacks, but also because guests enjoy the tasting experience. To create a cheese plate, I suggest:
1. A large slate board. You can write the types of cheeses directly on the board with chalk.
2. A variety of cheeses. I like to include a few mild cheeses and a few stronger ones like a blue cheese, and both soft and hard cheeses.
3. Cheese knives (for hard and soft cheeses).
Here are five of the best cheese plate accompaniments:
1. Crackers or sliced breads.
2. Nuts like rosemary marcona almonds or glazed walnuts.
3. Condiments like honey, jam or gourmet mustard.
4. Dried fruits like cherries and apricots create a pretty presentation.
5. An assortment of olives. Or charcuterie.